So, Kinless was kind enough to tag me in the "5 things you didn't know about me" game (for lack of a better term.
- I work in a Juvenile Probation Office, which I think is a lot like moderating the official forums... But with urine collection and testing. My single day record is 17 samples collected, yes, it's as fun as it sounds.
- Prior to WoW, which is my first MMO, I was very engrossed in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Played all the games, was reading the books, etc. I still think I can lose time in those games faster than I can in WoW, which is really saying something.
- I teach Sunday School (poorly) for the teenagers at my church. I occasionally mention some in-game accomplishment and they just roll their eyes at me. Oh, and I got my Pastor into WoW.
- Aside from WoW I've played a lot of collectable games, favorites being Diskwars and, back in the day, Magic: The Gathering. My wife, though she claims not to know what she's doing, kicks my butt 75% of the time. And I'm pretty good...
- I started smoking cigarettes at the age of 19 (only person I know who started when it was legal) and quit cold-turkey a few years later after having an anxiety attack stemming from not being able to find my wallet to go buy more cigarettes. One of the better things I've done with my life, if I may say so myself.