Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Patch Madness...

Well, as I'm sure everyone knows, yesterday was patch day. And what a crazy day it was. I got a few of my addons updated, most significant were Bartender and AG Unit Frames. Auctioneer is down for around two weeks, so I'll be doing no AH work in the near future...

It's funny going back to Vanilla WoW. I mean, I have my couple of addons, but so much is new again. Fubar was throwing errors, so I had to disable it. I really like the new talents, though I've very disappointed that some of the newer announced rogue talent changes didn't make it. It doesn't effect the build I'm using now, but it does effect my planned grinding build...

Of all the changes, the one I'm adapting the worst to is no longer being able to auto change pages on my hunter. The newest Bartender3 build appears to offer page swapping while holding down a modifier key, but it's still not the same thing. That being said, auto attack and auto shot interchanging is a wonderful change! Still going to have to figure out how to make this all work...

More as I know it... What are your impressions on the patch?

5 comments:

Doeg said...

So far, I'm extremely happy with patch 2.0.1.

First of all, it was a huge patch, so for me to be logged in and playing by 8:00pm Tuesday makes me say, "Kudos to Blizzard!" Not only that, but playing pretty smoothly overall, too!

Second, the new talent trees seem like fun. I agonized over my warrior - Arms or Prot? - and went Arms 41-5-5 this morning. Looking to try that out tonight. I know a 60-mage who went Frost / Water Elemental, and is really happy so far (especially with his frequent 1500-point crits!)

Third, liking the little stuff. Four extra bank slots and a new purchasable slot. "Book" skills now available (for a price) at the trainer. A Blood Elf in Tarren Mill (I was immediately convinced that come BC, there will be a *lot* of female Blood Elves around). New stuff on the maps, including a new island with a major city, and Outland.

So far, two thumbs up!

Eric said...

Hey s4dfish. I wanted to let you know about Azzor.com's new Blogging program, and recruit you to be a writer on our team. I think you would be a great fit. more info: http://wow.azzor.com/#673

You can contact me by http://wow.azzor.com/submit_contact.php

Sorry for highjacking the comments. I couldn't find any other way to contact you.

Kinless said...

The patch has gone pretty good. I got a hold of enough add-ons to keep me happy for a bit. Warrior's don't have all too many needs.

And my Warrior didn't feel nerfed. That was a fear I had listening to the forums. Enough Rage I think with my new 41+5+5 setup.

And with my Bongos Bars setup, and Fubar mostly working (HonorFu!) I went to the Aterac Valley and we won 2, we lost 2, so not bad at all.

I enjoyed the new surprises to be found. The updated World Map showing Erodar and the Azuremyst Isles. Clicking over to Sunstrider and seeing their area on a map. The Draenei quest giver in Southshore, and I'll have to check out Tarren Mill too.

Doeg said...

Another thing I ran into this morning:
In the Royal chamber in UC, two Blood Elves; a male ambassador, and (surprisingly) a female Paladin trainer.
I say "surprisingly" because, as far as I know, there are no Druid or Shammy trainers in the Undead areas at this time.

Doeg said...

More...

Another new Blood Elf quest in The Bulwark.

PvP is broken. Badly. But regardless of your take on that, now is the time to get after those easy epics before Blizz patches the PvP rewards.