Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Illness, Guitar Hero 2, a Hunter, a Priest, and my Wii

Okay, so been pretty crazy in RL recently. My son was very sick all of last week, had to take him to the ER and everything. Doing better now, but then my wife and I got sick, so fun all around.

Got Guitar Hero 2 for my birthday, I forget how much fun that game is. Two-player coop with Lead/Rhythm/Bass tracks is a blast, not to mention variable difficulties. So I can practice the Lead line on Expert while my wife tags along on Easy Bass. Should be a good time for a while. Don't knock Freebird, it's insanely hard there at the end.

Haven't played Sakuran much at all. I'm sure she'll lose Rank 8 today, which is fine. Been spending most of my time on Laic, got him from level 36 to nearly 39 in the last week. I would like him to hit 50 before BC lands, though that may be difficult. Never underestimate how freaking easy it is to grind with a hunter. Hunter's Mark-> Pet Attack->Aimed Shot-> Serpent Sting-> Feign Death-> Autoshot. Works every time.

Started a Forsaken Priest on our RP server, named Nascere. Backstory:

I was beautiful...once...

I have few memories of my life then...mostly I see images like a painting...my families estate...the Temple of the Light... Some things I only remember as a feeling, like the first time I saw the Light...such warmth and comfort... I was beautiful then, not that such things were important to me...but it is easier to be humble when you have it all...

When the Plauge came I saw my friends and family succumb...I fought with such ferocity I have never known...little difference it made... I spent an eternity as a slave to the Lich King, all I can recall from that time is the compulsion...the rage...the hunger... All my faith and training in the Light could not prepare me for that... For that eternity I saw not the Light, I felt not it's warmth, just the compulsion...

Upon awakening recently the compulsion was gone, though the aches of hunger remain... The Light is distant, though I can again catch a glimmer of it... I have wandered a great while in this shell... Where once I was beautiful, I am now little better than the mindless corpses that shamble about in graveyards on moonless nights, still slaves to the Lich King...still bound by the compulsion...

I have stuggled to feel the Light again...to feel it's warmth... Though I can still call upon the Light, it's power is no longer the comfort it once was... I can feel the power flow through my body...but it is no longer warm...no longer comforting... Perhaps as my very body and existance have been perverted by the Lich King...can he have perverted the Light against me? I know not the answers to such things...but I intend to find them...

I once walked in the Light, comforted by its warmth...and I have walked in the Shadow bound by the compulsion...now I walk between them, neither warmed by the Light nor bound in the Shadow... I exist in the penumbral regions...where scholars have yet to walk.

I was beautiful once...now I am Forsaken
Pretty fun playing new quests as this is offically my highest Forsaken character at level 9. I hope to get her to level 12 tonight so that I can join the RFC run that we're doing. Only played that instance once, and that was with Didgeridoo at level 21. Bit overpowered.

Lastly, my sister and her husband stood in line for 12 hours for the Wii on Saturday. As they are very nice people, they picked on up for me along with the new Zelda game. I will have to delay my gratification until Wednesday after work as they live 4 hours away and won't be here till then. Oh, the anticipation is killing me!

Having not owned a Nintendo system since the SNES (Gameboys not withstanding), I look forward to the simple pleasures of console gaming. Was hoping that Red Steel would get better reviews, but it looks like a rental at best. Seems odd that the reveiew are consistently at 50% or 75%, with little in between. So, guess you'll like it or hate it...

Second lastly: Blizzard did something odd this AM, not all servers went down for service, roughly half of them only received a rolling restart at 5 AM PST. I realy hope this is a sign of things to come as it would be nice to play on Tuesday mornings before work, least in some capacity. I know it sounds really sad to be upset about one morning of downtime, when I'm only really able to play for 30 min before work...

No comments: